Heritage Society The Heritage Society identifies our major donors who support the Mason County Historical Society and Historic White Pine Village. With donations of $ 2,500 or more, the Heritage Society represents those individuals who play an important role in support of the mission and purpose of this organization. These donors all believe deeply in the heritage of Mason County and its surrounding area. Those in the Heritage Society want to see the Mason County Historical Society continue to collect, preserve, and present artifacts and archives of the past; they want these items to be used to educate those who presently visit Historic White Pine Village. They also believe in the need to preserve the past for future generations. All major donors:
- Will be named on the Major Donor board found in the Town Hall.
- May meet privately with the Director and/or board member of the Mason County Historical Society, at a mutually agreed upon time.
Estates, Wills, and Trusts Modest, Moderate, or Large Estates provide opportunities to support a cultural, educational, and historical organization like the Mason County Historical Society/Historic White Pine Village for many years into the future. Usually a basic Will or Trust can successfully direct asset distribution for a Modest Estate. Moderate to Large Estates may require more planning to provide asset distribution to heirs as well as cultural and/or charitable interests. Generally, careful planning for distribution of ones estate can result in a more beneficial distribution for family and the cultural and/or charitable interests.
You can name the Mason County Historical Society/Historic White Pine Village in your Trust, Will, or Estate. By doing so, your Life and Legacy will continue to preserve and present the history of Mason County for future generations. Always talk to your tax, financial, or estate planner for details. Our business office is willing to assist with answering your questions about how we could be a part of your estate plans.
Additional Areas of Support
- Brick Walkway Bricks, which bear the name of the donor or donors choice of a name, may be purchased for the chapel walkway for $125.00 each.
- Endowment Fund Gifts and contributions of any amount may be given to the Mason County Historical Society Endowment Fund. Use of this fund is restricted, with only the earned interest being used for the operation of Historic White Pine Village.
- Adopt a Building Program Buildings on the village grounds are adopted by individuals or organizations to provide upkeep and maintenance. The program is designed for a start-up donation of at least $500.00. The adoptive parent(s) may contribute cash or supply the time and materials to maintain a building. (Call or e-mail for additional details.)
- Fund a Project Various projects are always underway and in need of funding. Please call the Director of the Mason County Historical Society for details about current projects.