White Pine Chapel
Throughout our history the church has been a major focal point in any community. The Protestants' architecture, as seen in the White Pine Chapel, was simple and reflected their style of worship. Several architectural styles were borrowed from rural Mason County Churches and incorporated into the chapel:
The wood for the pews was donated by Brill Manufacturing and designed and assembled by the Village Carpentry Staff. The window in the narthex is a gift from the Scottville United Methodist Church. The sanctuary window, Calvary cross, and candlesticks are a gift from Grace Episcopal Church. The window is a memorial to Samual Arnott Snow, an early Ludington pharmacist. One of the pump organs was built by the Star Organ Company around 1860. St. Paul United Methodist of Riverton Township donated the steeple when their Morton Road Church was remodeled.
White Pine Chapel is rented for private weddings, baptisms, and memorial services. Click below for Chapel Usage Information and/or reserving the chapel with a Facility Usage Agreement. Both pdf downloads can also be found under Documents & Forms, under this Events and Tours dropdown. Also, you can download a White Pine Chapel Brochure here.
Chapel Usage Information Facility Usage Agreement